Friday, September 10, 2010

Guess what?

We are getting a puppy!!!!


I can't quite wrap my brain around it yet, but that little cutie up above... she's mine!

I honestly never thought I would agree to a dog... they smell, they slobber, they chew stuff up. My safe answer for years was "we'll get a dog once the cats pass away", I really had no intentions to EVER get one, hoping the cats would live to a good 16 years (which would make the girls 14 & 16). By then, I was sure, they wouldn't want a dog anymore anyways.

I don't know when I changed my mind. Maybe it was Grace this summer, yelling out the breed of any dog we would see around town (yes, slightly annoying, but cute in a way). Maybe it was watching both girls with our friend's dogs. Maybe it was the realization that my dear children are growing up FAST. All of a sudden I had this urge to give my kids a dog companion... while they are still kids!

I might regret it pretty soon... or I might just fall in love head over heals myself ;-).

1 comment:

  1. I think your girls are the PERFECT age for a dog. Can't wait to hear about their adventures together. What a sweet little face.

    ReplyDelete