Monday, March 22, 2010

i heart faces * week 12 * focusing on angles

I had a lot of fun with this week's challenge!

I took the girls to our beloved willow tree park after school, equipped with a mat and my camera =). Yep, I had an idea... and for once I actually went through with it.

See, Grace has this dress made out of a band tee. The band's name is Junior Giant (and just happens to be her cousin's band ;-). When I saw that the theme is angles this week, I imagined Grace in her Junior Giant dress, looking like... well... a junior giant. She's little, but can look like a giant depending on the angle.

So I was laying on my mat, while she was playing guitar right next to me. I used a nifty little gadget that I got myself for Christmas, a fish-eye attachment (which screws on my camera's kit lens). Sadly the attachment isn't fabulous, therefore my picture isn't top quality. And funny enough you can't even read the band name on the dress... oh well!!!

Photobucket

Check out other cool angle pics... click the icon below!

15 comments:

  1. I really like the angle of this...great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot.. shows her love for the whole thing! Love it!
    Thanks so much for the comment and the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting angle.. I like the effect you did to the top of the photo, it looks like a fisheye lens effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shot from below. Really fun picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on "angles". It makes her look powerful and ready to rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun shot & great angle. Love the fish-eye appearance & the trees as a backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i played the guitar when I was about her age. great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, and gotta love the guitar! Thanks for stopping by on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!! This is a great picture, and so well thought out too. I love the whole concept of your idea. I also think the fisheye was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, different angle but well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the effect and the way the photo seems to "swirl"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great angle...dramatic & fun!! Future rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great angle shot - even if you can't read the 'junior giant'. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! I love how the trees above her are blurred but somehow she is in perfect focus. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete