Monday, December 14, 2009

It's all worth it

Sometimes I can be a grinch. I'll openly admit it, my holiday spirit hasn't been the greatest this year. I didn't feel like decorating the house and kept putting it off. But last Saturday Brian & Erina finally went to pick out a tree (Grace was sick, it rained cats & dogs... part of my mood, I guess)... and the magic happened. Gosh, I love the smell of a real tree in my house. LOVE. And putting up all the ornaments was a blast, kind of like a hallmark commercial with the girls sharing their memories about certain pieces. That's when it hit me, this is it, I thought, I'm making history right now and I don't want my girls to remember my lousy mood. It's all worth it... for them. I hope I did okay, it's hard for me to "act" happy when I'm not, especially around the people who know me best.

I captured some lovely moments this weekend. My girls reading to each other.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pretending to go to sleep in front of the tree & fireplace (that's the plan for Christmas Eve...)
Photobucket

But the giggles came over them ;-)
Photobucket

They look happy. I don't think my grumpies are rubbing off on them ;-). That's good. Very good.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! You made me cry... I'm so happy I have you and your family in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo sweet.. awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last picture makes me want to call my sister.

    ReplyDelete