Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fake Ice Skating

I took Grace to our "special" downtown ice skating rink. It's special, because it's synthetic hybrid-ice and not real ice. It pretty much looks like a huge plastic cutting board... but it's slippery.

Grace was super excited for this. She tried it last year during the holidays and this year it's bigger and open a lot more (which means it's not so dang crowded... you know how I feel about crowds).
Photobucket

She was bundled up real good. We put the extra puffy and long coat on her... for some extra padding in the bum ;-). Oh, and the lights in the background are from the big downtown Christmas tree!
Photobucket

And she sure needed the padding =). Lots of my pictures look like this:
Photobucket

But she did not mind one bit. She got up over and over again with a huge smile on her face.
Photobucket

She finally got the hang of it... notice how nice and empty the place is? I loved it!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

One happy kid
Photobucket

And I'm sorry the pics aren't very good. I still refuse to use a flash ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment