Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When cabin fever hits...

... take the kids for a walk! We had one of those days yesterday. The girls were on day two of playing ice skaters (involves a lot of leotards, tutus, nylons and gloves... plus hardwood floors) and they were getting testy with each other. Little things like choice of song for a performance would send them into little hissy fits. So I called it quits and made them go for a walk with me.

Let me tell you, it lifted the mood. I could almost see the tenseness disappear with every step. Frowns turned into smiles =).

And before I knew it, they were running toward their beloved willow tree park.
Photobucket

They got to the first tree and decided to play a game of "Reach-The-Branch".
Photobucket

Photobucket

When that didn't work, they tried teamwork!
Photobucket

Eventually they gave up and moved on to finding the perfect sticks... (I know, Grace is not in focus... I seem to do that a lot lately... grrr)
Photobucket

Voila, now I'm the proud parent to two pirates =)
Photobucket

And they realized that another tree had longer branches... ahhhh!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hurt pirate (not really... just pretending ;-)
Photobucket

Is she still a pirate or tarzan?
Photobucket

Erina doesn't know either...
Photobucket

Look at those smiles... nobody would ever know that they were in each others hair just an hour ago!
Photobucket

We stayed until the sun disappeared... it was THAT much fun.
Photobucket

So if you have cabin fever, go for a walk!!!

5 comments:

  1. The third image from the bottom.... one of my faves of Erina!
    We had some cabin fever here too! We went to the bookstore! =D I do have to say... I love lazy days of not doing much of anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you find yellow doc martins in her size???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sharon, I like that one a lot too!!

    Jeramy... those are... aehms... $10 knock-offs from Walmart, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi found your blog through LLS and wanted to say hello. Your pictures are awesome but I guess having such beautiful subjects does not hurt either!! Looked like lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to drag my Bettie out. Erina certainly can ROCK it.

    You've inspired me to get out. Blah. Hibernating requires so much less makeup.

    ReplyDelete