Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ten years ago...

... I was highly pregnant with my first child. Gosh, it feels like just yesterday. Ten years ago today I sat in my OBG's office, two days after my due date, and she informed me that I should go to the hospital that night to get induced. All of a sudden it was SO REAL... I was gonna have a baby!!! I was gonna be a MOTHER!!! MEEEEEE!

Of course the mother part doesn't feel like "just yesterday" by now. Actually I feel like I've been a mother hen forever, lol.

Anyways, my Erina had her little birthday party on Friday. She loves to plan parties and I left it pretty much up to her. She designed her caterpillar cake and was mighty proud of it too =).

Photobucket

A storm blew in Friday, so we were stuck inside. I was a bit worried, I don't handle noise well and neither does Erina. All in all it turned out just perfect, we had enough activities to keep 12 kids entertained for two hours.

First up was the goody bag decorating:
Photobucket

Then it was time to paint a flower pot:
Photobucket

Off to play with snails... we had snail races planned, but the snails did not cooperate AT ALL.
Photobucket

Next we made bird feeders out of pine cones, peanut butter and bird seeds. Wow, that was messy!!
Photobucket

Finally it was cake time!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yummy stuff!
Photobucket

Finally presents!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and there was this one kid at the party... she was wild... loud... and didn't listen to her mother. I even heard her use her kids full name several times. You know what that means, right? You better listen or else!!!! Guess who that kid was??

See below...

Photobucket

... yep, it was my own, lol!!

Thanks to all the mommies who helped out!! I couldn't have done it without you!

3 comments:

  1. OMG.. what a wondeful party...you are SOOO creative!! I Love the cake!! Looks like everyone had a TON of fun!! Wish I were a kid again..lol!!

    Happy Birthday to your beautiful Erina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN party! Great crafts! Happy Birthday Erina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so creative! What a fun party!! I love Grace's owl ruffles!!!

    ReplyDelete