Saturday, November 14, 2009

Memories

Brian came home Friday from work and announced that he felt like going on a road trip. No lazy bums allowed this weekend. I was all for it, I love to get out! He was a man on a mission, he even knew where he wanted to go. Samuel P. Taylor Park in Marin.

It was a walk down memory lane for my hubby today, that's for sure. First stop was Terra Linda, the town he grew up in. As we were rolling into town, he said "let me see if my buddy still lives here"... two minutes later we were in front of said buddies house and Brian was at the door before I could say peep. Something I would never do. He had not talked to this buddy in over ten years and there he was, knocking on his door. Sure enough, said buddy still lived there and was delighted to see Brian. I was playing my shy act and snuck a picture while they exchanged numbers, lol.
Photobucket

Next was the house Brian grew up in. This was especially fun for the girls, they had never been there, but had heard a million stories. It was emotional for Brian... I could just see all his childhood memories flooding his brain. No pics, I felt a bit stalker-ish as it was. After that we drove about town with Brian narrating the trip. He was bombarded with questions about his past. I loved every minute of it... and I think he did too.

We left Terra Linda behind and headed to Samuel P. Taylor Park. Along the way we realized how starved we were... so we had a pit stop here. Yummy burgers.
Photobucket

Finally we made it to our destination, it was getting late already and we picked the first trail we could find. It was soooooo pretty. Gorgeous redwood trees, green ferns everywhere...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Huge, he?
Photobucket

The tree had a little tunnel... perfect kid size.
Photobucket

View from the other side of the tree.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ferns! All over!!!
Photobucket

And mushrooms too!
Photobucket

Tough family picture =D
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hummmmmmm..... serenity now...
Photobucket

Then it was time to go home... back to traffic... I wasn't ready. I wanted to stay out in the green.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I should have called you! We were in Marin too!!!
    Great pictures! I'm so impressed! You went somewhere and blogged about it all in the same day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. I love trips. Especially those down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete