Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Break Time!

Photobucket

Yay! It's time for a school break. We get three long weeks, how sweet is that? Today was the first official day... we didn't count the weekend, after all that's always school free. And you know, it's going to be hard to get these chickies out of their nest. They just LOVE to stay at home and play... all day long.

Here's a glimpse of today.

Erina slept in until 10.30am. I slept in until 10am. Grace was up early but let us sleep. She finally woke me up when she was starving. I had to give her a little refresher course about helping herself to cereal. I made delicious pumpkin pancakes (Trader Joe's mix... so, so good). We ate them by 11am. The girls started building a fort in the living room, I disappeared in the world wide web. Grace turned into a wild fox and the fort was her den. Erina was the mean hunter =). Every once in a while I would say "Girls, remember, we have to go to the mall for daddy's hair gel" (Yes, their daddy uses "special" hair gel... *giggle*). But I didn't move. Played another 20 games of bejeweled blitz (don't ask... it's a addictive facebook game). They didn't stop playing either... but at least their play didn't include a screen.

Finally I got myself together and made the kids come upstairs. The "what should I wear" discussion started. Grace saw their new Gap shorts in the "to iron" pile. I took out the ironing board and ironed their shorts (I'm nice like that). Erina spent 20 minutes trying to find a match to the shorts. Grace tried on three different pairs of shoes. I was ready for a nap.

4pm and we made it to the mall. Daddy's special hair salon was gone. Closed. Bummer. We could have stayed home after all... ha, ha.

But we were armed with cameras. I took pictures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Grace took pictures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Erina took pictures.
Photobucket

Grace checked if all her flying lessons finally paid of.
Photobucket

Nope, still couldn't fly. Even with an owl on her shirt.

Photobucket

We drove back home and fixed dinner. We took Grace to karate. Erina and I sat in peace for an hour and read. Ate a huge dessert while hiding in their fort. Took a bath at 10pm. And me? Yes, I'm blogging at 1am.

3 comments:

  1. Ok you are the third person to rave about TJ's pumpkin pancakes. Am I missing out?! Clearly I Need to run not walk to my local establishment


    I think a lazy day in a den sounds like a great day.
    Btw-our daddy uses special hair gel too-I swear he soends more on product then I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekki, if you like pumpkin pie, you will love the pumpkin pancakes!! Especially yummy with whipped cream!!

    ReplyDelete