Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vacation within a vacation

That's just what we did... we went on a one week vacation during our vacation :-).

It was a girl only trip which included my mom, my aunt, my cousin and her two girls... and the three of us, of course. We went to beautiful Kandersteg by train... let me tell you, trains are the best in Switzerland. They are on time all the time! Sometimes it gets a little crowded though, especially if you go to the mountains in the middle of summer. But it was all good, even when our six suitcases got buried under other folks huge backpacks or when I almost fell out of the train as the door opened because I had no room to move out of the way =).

I told myself I would keep this short and sweet. I have lots of laundry to fold today!!

So please just enjoy these pictures without much explanation.

Our cozy hotel, run by an 80 year old sweet lady
Photobucket

Our tiny bathroom... I had to duck to fit in the door!
Photobucket

Beautiful mountains... my cousin, auntie and mom look so tiny compared to the huge mountains!
Photobucket

Delicious food... Roesti with bacon & eggs... and no, that's not breakfast =)
Photobucket

Gondola rides... which scared some.
Photobucket

Hiking was rewarded with a cool foot dip in Lake Oeschinen
Photobucket

Cows... lots of them, just roaming free, minding their own business
Photobucket

The Castle of Thun left a great impression on my girls, they had never seen one up close before.
Photobucket

All chained up in one of the castle towers =)
Photobucket

Old Swiss cannon!!
Photobucket

Gorgeous view from the top of the tower... looking over the town of Thun
Photobucket

Hiking in the Gastern Valley. I was afraid that one of the kids would slip and disappear in the roaring river Kander forever!! Our hiking path is the one on the left... the rocky little one, lol.
Photobucket

I loved hiking in the woods, the trees were so tall and skinny!
Photobucket

Slightly elated after a day of hiking =)
Photobucket

On our last day the kids wanted to relax at the public pool.
Photobucket

Photobucket

That's it for now! I'll be back with more soon... next up, camping at Doran beach!

1 comment:

  1. Girl! Your pictures are STUNNING as always!! Love them...

    Looks like a fab vacation.

    ReplyDelete