Friday, September 4, 2009

Doran Beach

Ah... Doran Beach. I have a love/hate relationship with this place. I love watching the kids play and explore the ocean and all that comes with it. I hate the foggy, windy conditions... I'm not much of a beach camper, I humbly admit to that.

We do have a great system down by now. Erina and I sleep in the back of the car, Brian and Grace sleep in a tiny igloo tent covered in a tarp.

Photobucket

And we pack tons of clothes for the girls, even though we only spend two nights there... camping close to the water makes for a lot of wet, cold, little campers =).

Photobucket

But in the end the love is greater... must be, otherwise I wouldn't agree to go back every year! Our camp is right inbetween the ocean and part of the bay. And the bay side is very shallow, which gives the kids a lot of freedom to roam.

Photobucket

And I get a lot of great photo opportunities!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lots of seaweed... but the kids didn't mind at all!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We found lots of starfish and even a good sized crab!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My darling Erina... she seems to wear her food on her face all the time. Here she realized it and you get a good view of her dirty fingernails instead... he, he!

Photobucket

Foggy... foggy... foggy

Photobucket

And that's the end. Now I need to finish packing for our next camping trip. Yep, we're being very outdoorsy this season =)!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those pics are gorgeous! Looks like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete