Thursday, June 11, 2009

Water Balloon Sling... oh my!

Last Friday was Dad's Day at school. It must be the kids very favorite day of the school year, seriously, it's so much fun for them. Dads come in for a few hours and do an activity, the fun part is, it does not have to be educational :-).

Brian teamed up with Gary and together they held on tight to a huge sling. And yes, the kids got to sling water balloons across the field. What a blast!

Julie and I filled close to 500 water balloons on Thursday afternoon. The kids helped and we all ended up wet and cold (dang Suisun wind). But it was all worth it (we moms thought it was kind of ironic, as usual we did most of the work and the guys got all the glory the next day...).

Anyways, I went to school that day with my camera... ready to snap lots of fun pics, BUT my battery was dead. Shows you how prepared I was, lol.

But luckily we had lots of water balloons left and we had our own sling fun the next day.

Pulling as hard as she can! Note Holly the dog next to Erina, she wanted to chase every balloon :D.
Photobucket

And off it goes! Love the look on the kids faces... and Holly ready to run.
Photobucket

Side view :D... I love this picture, sun glare and all.
Photobucket

Yeah, let's throw a balloon at mommy. SO NOT!
Photobucket

Another one I love. Grace and Christopher are goofing off (as usual... those two are like peas in a pod, it's funny what mischief they can get into together) while Erina is in awe of Brittney's shot.
Photobucket

Lastly the backview... pretty cool, he?
Photobucket

Here she was aiming at the lightpost and actually hit it!
Photobucket

Did I mention it was so much fun??? He, he, I just noticed that I used that word a lot in this post... but hey, it WAS! I can't help it, right? I just looked up synonyms for fun... so here you go, it was amusing, boisterous, convivial, enjoyable, entertaining, lively, merry and pleasant.

4 comments:

  1. Such great shots of the balloons flying! The kids did love the water ballon center! That will never get old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good lord that looks like sooo much fun. I love your girls and your photos ROCK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those last two shots are great!

    I bet they'll be talking about that day for months to come

    ReplyDelete