Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another first...

Brian bought the girls their first little Swiss Army knives!! I don't know why this is a biggie for me. I can't remember when I got my first knife, but I do remember carving sticks at my grandma's house when I was Grace's age. Fond memories of long walks through the forest in search of the perfect stick... then spending hours carving my name and fancy designs into it. I survived, I didn't cut any of my fingers off and I never hurt any of my friends either :D! Then why am I so worried about my girlies? I really need to chill a little... I'm way too worried all the time.

Ok, they wanted to show off...

knife, scissors and nailfile/screwdriver
Photobucket

Erina loves the scissors...
Photobucket

... but is a little afraid of the knife part, isn't her face priceless? Oh, you better be careful with this sharp thingy!
Photobucket

They snipped and cut all kinds of stuff out in the marsh.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And you know the strangest thing we saw?? COWS! Out in the marsh!!! They are not supposed to be there... most likely a fence broke. I hope the farmer will be able to collect them all, they were all over the place!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Just a cute picture at the willow tree park
Photobucket

Aehms, I didn't let them hurt any trees. They just peeled the rind off that was almost ready to fall anyways.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. young kids with knives....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they had fun with their knives, I'm scared of those things too LOL! I love those cow pics, they look like a postcard or something!

    ReplyDelete