Thursday, May 14, 2009

Inspiration

The lovely Denise from Matilda Jane Clothing has done it again. She inspired me to try new things... and I bet she has no idea what I'm talking about.

A couple weeks ago this big box landed on our door step.
Photobucket

Denise had told me she was sending some fabric scraps to my girls for their arts & crafts. Boy, was I surprised!!! I don't call this scraps!!
Photobucket

We petted the pretties for a few days, nobody wanted to cut into them though. I think I'm in love with fabric, seriously... there's something beautiful about it. All the possibilities waiting to happen.

Eventually Erina started an art project for Denise (which I NEED to mail out). And I decided to sew a dress. I found a tank top that was too short on Grace, grabbed a dress style I like and started cutting, ironing, pinning and sewing. Four long hours and many curse words later I had this in my hot little hands:
Photobucket

I'm actually kind of proud of myself... chuckle :-D!

And looky, it fits!!
Photobucket

So... I would like to send a big old THANK YOU to Denise. I hope you know how much we appreciate your generosity, your big giving heart & soul.

1 comment:

  1. I've got it bad for fabric too. I'll get it out just to look at it, and feel it's prettiness. It's a disease.

    ReplyDelete