Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rush Ranch Open House

Yesterday was Open House at Rush Ranch and we had a BLAST!
Photobucket

We started out watching the blacksmith make a horse shoe
Photobucket

Grace drilled a hole in a shell with an old fashioned tool
Photobucket

The Hietala kids watching the horses
Photobucket

Me having fun with old wheels while waiting for our turn to go on a hay ride
Photobucket

Grace listening to lasso instructions
Photobucket

and trying to rope Christopher... but she got herself :-D
Photobucket

There was a fun gun show with people dressed up like cowboys! Here the guy in the hat just whipped a flower off the bald guys mouth.
Photobucket

My kids favorite thing... horses
Photobucket

Love this one of Grace
Photobucket

Square dancing with live music... that was fun to watch!
Photobucket

By now you're probably wondering where Erina was, right? Well she was in a BAD mood, complaining more than anything, argueing about everything!! There's straw stuck on my bum, there's a rock in my shoe, it's too windy, it's too bright... you get the point ;-)
Photobucket

Ok, back to our regular program.

Grace totally fell in love with this horse. His name is Apollo and he is just gorgeous and BIG.
Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all we had a wonderful time (well, except Erina). We're so lucky to have this ranch five minutes away from our home. I feel bad that I just discovered this place a few weeks ago... seriously, it's beautiful out there and totally reminds me of my home town in Switzerland. We will be back for sure! Grace already asked if she could go visit Apollo today :-).

2 comments:

  1. Erina...
    We all have our days...

    Looks like a blast.
    My kids keep asking to go back and we haven't even been out there on a "fun" day! Maybe we'll figure out a day we can go all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blacksmith, wheel, and square dancing pictures. Makes me want to put on a big frilly skirt....almost!

    ReplyDelete