Sunday, February 1, 2009

More Art

I had to get the girls out of the house on Saturday. Brian started the battle against the bats yet again and that involves lots of bleach & fogger fumes. Not so good for little lungs.

So we headed to Bella Terra in Vacaville to paint some pottery. The girls were thrilled! They love this place. Erina actually celebrated her 7th birthday there and I believe we have not been back since. If you've never been there, go! There's just something about this place that makes me happy. It's very homey and you immediately feel free to wander around.

I asked the girls to pick out something useful for the house instead of another dust catching nick-nack ;-). Erina picked a butter dish and Grace a bowl. Then they picked out colors and painted for almost three hours!

I took lots of pictures... as always :-D!! I used my 50mm lens and kept it in manual mode to challenge myself. Oh, and the auto focus won't work for me anymore with this lens, so I had to do that manual as well. I'm quiet pleased how some of them came out!


Just starting out
Look at the concentration on her faceTrying to get an eyelash picture... geez, it's hard!!!You can tell my kids personalities just by the way they sit... Drying the first layer of paint
Dots & stripes... two of my favorites Working hard
Erina asked for my help and I kept taking pictures... so she gave me this look :-D
One happy kid
Top of the butter dish all done... and it won't be white, it's a speckled light purple We LOVE Bella Terra!!!
Hurry up, only twenty minutes until they close!
Final touch on Grace's bowl... ladybugs, so cute!

2 comments:

  1. I love that place! Good idea about the "dust collecting nick-nack" issue! I'm using that next time!

    Manuel focus too! WOW!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete