Sunday, January 25, 2009

Missing my peeps

You know what happens when you make a photoalbum... you think back to old times, good or bad, you sit there way too long and remember people & adventures. In the end the album didn't get done, because you spent too much time daydreaming. Well, maybe not everybody is like that... but I sure am. Luckily the album got done, because I did it all online (check out blurb.com... thanks, Sharon, for telling me about it). I made a Switzerland album yesterday night and now I'm missing my people :-(.

First off, my lovely Mom. She's the rock in my life, always calm and full of good advice.My Papi. He's camera shy and even in this picture he's probably waving at me to wait with the picture until he's out of the way. He's a total macho man with a soft heart.
My auntie Heidi and all the cousins. We always have so much fun together.

My friend Caro. She's like a sister to me. We've been friends for a long, long time. Almost 29 years... wow, that's long. She's tough, honest and just plain funny.
My lost-and-found friend Peter. We were friends in our teens, then lost touch and found each other again about five years ago. He listens to my odd thoughts and doesn't ever think I'm crazy. We can talk for hours, seriously. Sadly we're not very good at keeping in touch, but once I'm in Switzerland, he's one of the first people I call.
I have a heavy heart today. I miss my peeps. I do.

1 comment: