Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Peace...

... is what I felt this morning when I took a nature walk in my beloved marsh. When I drove the girls to school, the marsh was white as a ghost, frozen and foggy. I just had to go see it up close :-). I'm so thankful to my hubby, I think he gave me the greatest gift with this camera. And I don't mean that in a materialistic way. It's more something within me. It made me slow down, look around and see the little details... I had almost forgotten how beautiful the world is.

I wish I could post this bigger, all the tiny dew drops look fabulous!

I found a heart!
These were taken in our very own yard... who knew a palm tree leave could looks so marvelous?

Look what we grew!!! Gorgeous & delicious avocadoes! We ate the very first ones yesterday, goodness, were they yummy. And a pretty spider web, again looks much better up close.

So don't forget to slow down and smell the roses... or in my case find the dew drops. Especially right now, with the holiday season approaching ever so fast and too many things on our lists. Slow down, take a deep breath, go for a walk and look at the beautiful world. Peace to you all!

8 comments:

  1. Really great shots! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! Love your blog :) (style_child from LLS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such beautiful pictures! I love the marsh! And I'd love to accompany you once for a walk in the morning. (Although I now those beautiful moments you caught on camera are better found when one is on its own)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! You need to get these printed BIG! This is art that needs to be put up for everyone to see!

    Don't you just love photography! I do think my camera allows me to express myself. It's our art form. I know I mostly take pictures of kids, but I really love slowing down and taking pictures of our environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent job! i was just telling sharon the other day that you have such a natural eye for composition. seriously, these are really good. keep snapping away! oh, and get lightroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post. I'll admit it, I'm a little teary-eyed after reading it. So true! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pictures Monika! I've really been feeling a lot like that too lately, the need to slow down and look around, the world definitely is a beautiful place. :o)

    ReplyDelete