Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A fun day at the pumpkin patch

Last Saturday we headed to Cool Patch Pumpkins in Dixon to explore the World's Largest Corn Maze.

Now, if you know me, you know I worry about the kids clothes way too much. Yes, I had their pumpkin patch outfits picked out a month ago... and I was determined they would wear them. I even checked the weather report and with a high of 80 degrees, I figured they would be okay in their fall attire. Well, I was wrong... I totally blame it on the weather people :-D. As soon as we got there, the girls started complaining about the heat... since they were wearing pants under dresses, they were able to take at least something off. But still... it bugs me that the dresses are a bit short and Erina's socks are white. I'm weird, I know!!!

The corn maze was pretty cool. I'm telling you, I would never go in there alone. I'm a chicken that way... I get panicky. But with Brian in the lead, I was pretty confident that we would find our way back out. And we did... after about an hour of stomping through a hot field :-D. The kids had a blast to say the least. What an adventure!

Here are all the kids (hint, hint) on one of the look-out bridges

Made it to another bridge. The green one was called Starbucks Station... the girls and I fully expected to buy a cool drink :-D!!
Back into the maze they go...

Grace looking pretty...

... and being my patient model.

I love this one with Brian peeking out...

After all the fun we cooled down with some icee's, yummy!

And to finish off this post, here is the cutest hot face I know

1 comment: