Thursday, September 11, 2008

OMG!!!

When I got home from the girl scout meeting, Brian said he had a surprise and I needed to sit on the couch. Guess what he got me?????









A Canon Rebel XSI Kit

and

an EF 75-300/4.0-5.6 III Lense



I couldn't even say anything... I still don't know what to say. I feel like puking or screaming or jumping around.

I have a hard time when people give me expensive presents... even if that people is my husband, lol. The savvy shopper in me wants to go research online and see how much cheaper I could have gotten it. Instead I should just say "thank you" and be happy. Why do I have such a hard time with that? I almost always ruin the moment with my negative comments. Maybe that's my way of protection... but from what? I guess I still have to learn a lot about my inner turmoil.

But not right now...

Right now I'm going to open that shiny box and start reading about my new toy. After all we're going to the beach this weekend... glorious photo opportunities... here I come!!!


2 comments:

  1. so happy for you! i know you'll get so much joy from that gift. brian is a great guy.

    i think you hit on something really good here. it's often hard to just receive things from people. it's a good lesson for us all. but, i think knowing that brian is a safe place for you...you don't need to defend yourself. it's ok. just enjoy.

    take care....have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM SCREAMING RIGHT NOW!!! FREAK THE HECK OUT! WE WERE JUST TALKING.... YAHOOO FOR YOU!

    I knew from your latest pictures that you needed an upgrade in cameras. I'm so excited for you!

    Put my number in your cell phone and call me if you have any questions this weekend!

    OH! I'm super excited for you!

    Hey Brian!
    You RAWK!

    ReplyDelete