Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Campers

We went to Doran Beach (by Bodega Bay) for a weekend camp trip. It can be a cold, foggy and windy place and I was a bit worried since we are faithful tent campers. We did this two years ago an I was miserable!!! Brian had the wonderful idea that I could sleep in the back of our minivan with Erina (the other sissy in the family, lol) and he would sleep in a small dome tent with Grace.


It worked out perfect... yes, it was overcast and cool, but not too windy and I was able to sleep (which means less grumpiness in the daytime!). The kids had such a wonderful time. They ate powdered donuts for breakfast, skimmed the low tide beach for clams & hermit crabs and even swam in the cold ocean. All in all a wonderful weekend spent with great friends.









3 comments:

  1. Are you freaking out over these pictures?? I mean really!!! WOW! They are gorgeous! Look at you blurry background and the great color and how sharp! Yeah for you!

    Oh... and I'm glad you guys had fun camping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm beyond happy!! I was surprised how well some of them came out... I really don't have much of a clue about the camera yet :-)!

    Thanks for the books, I probably got 10 minutes of reading time in this weekend, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job monika! outstanding pictures. i'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete