Friday, August 8, 2008

Self-Confidence...


The other day Erina and I had a conversation about school and how to handle bullies or rude comments. Yes, I was trying to give her a pep talk, for a moment forgetting that she is not like me (I was the girl running home crying A LOT because my feelings got hurt).

Well, after my five minute solo, she looked at me like I was crazy and said "Mom, I don't care what others say about me. They can call me (enter potty word here) and it doesn't bother me. I know I'm awesome and that's all that counts."

Wow, what an amazing quality... she has a self-esteem bigger than her little self. It seems to float around her like a protective bubble. No hurtful words can get inside, they bounce right off...

Wow, she's ready to rock the world, isn't she?

2 comments:

  1. I can totally see the look she gave you! I adore that girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. erina is amazing! it's tough sometimes to see that our kids have different qualities or leanings then we do....but it's such a remarkable reminder that they are creations of the mom and the dad and their environment....it all adds up to the sum of them. such a great story...

    ReplyDelete